Sunday 9 May 2010

The End?


There will always be a part of me that will ask... could I have done more? Could I have saved her? I tried.... but in order to actually save her, I would have lost Ithiria. It is difficult to look at someone you have come to respect and watch them end their own life.

Yes, I have to say I did respect her. Even when she was blinded and broken, her will to fight on never diminished. I thought what I was doing was the right thing, taking her back to the Horned Masquerade, to be with her sisters.

How do you live with yourself when you destroy someone so utterly? That is something I will be asking myself every day until I find the answer.

Mizhara, I'm sorry. This was all my fault. Perhaps you were right when you said I was a slaver. I did to you what Gallicia did to me. And no matter what anyone says... I will never forgive myself for it.

Maybe one day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment